[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 19 most recent journal entries recorded in
Still Waiting's LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Thursday, December 18th, 2008|
|Wednesday, February 20th, 2008|
Settling for Mr. or Ms. Right
This article was brought to my attention in the childfree community about people settling for a spouse, whether or not they're the right person for you or not. Have any of you felt tempted to settle or pressure to settle so that you could start a family and for those of us waiting to have sex until we're married, to have sex. Current Mood: calm
|Friday, May 12th, 2006|
Being a virgin is bad for me
I'm a 28 year old virgin and my life is hell. I can't get people to respect me, to listen to me, to do what I want to do, I can't get things to work right for me, I can't make any friends, and I can't get what I want to get, all because I'm a virgin. Does anybody else have these same problems as I do because you are a virgin or is it just me? I need help, I don't know what to do any more. Is being a virgin a bad thing in todays world? Current Mood: exhausted
|Sunday, October 8th, 2006|
|Saturday, January 20th, 2007|
new here ;)
1 a) How old are you now? 19, although i think i was born 30. haha.
1 b) Male or female? female
2. (answer the one that applies)
a) If unmarried, are you a virgin? yes
3. What are/were your reasons for waiting? i always thought i would wait until marriage and have recently decided that i'm open to the possibility of sex before marriage. the more i ask god about his plan for my life, the more i realize that marriage might not be a part of that. furthermore, i don't have the huge desire to get married that many of my friends have. i'm a feminist and don't understand why i need a man to take care of me when god's done a great job this far :)
4. Does your faith play a factor in your decision? Would you wait even if you did not have this faith? yes, definitely. again, i always thought i'd wait until marriage, and now i have a very healthy view towards sex that i can only attribute to my faith.
5a. Are you a complete virgin (never kissed or willfully engaged in any kind of sexual touching etc). tricky question. i'm an actress, so i've kissed and even simulated sex on stage and onscreen, but in my personal life, i am a complete virgin.
5b. Have you actually had the opportunity to go further than you have, had you chosen to do so? yes, many times.
6. Do you regret any of the physical involvement/lack thereof that you may have had? not at all. i know when i have sex, it will have been worth the wait.
7. What are you waiting for (marriage, true love, a willing partner)? true love
8. What do you feel is/was the hardest part of remaining true to your decision to wait? What would make it easier? i guess just that i have a very "sexy" life, so people are shocked when they find out i'm a virgin. i've always lived in major cities (currently nyc). i take pole dancing classes. i love working out, so i have a "hot" body. i hardly know any other virgins my age. i don't know if it'd be easier if i lived in the bible belt, but it might be.
9. If you could say one thing to older virgins out there, what would it be? don't be afraid of living life. if you really want to wait (and obviously you all do), you will. i've had many nights are bars where men have asked me to go home with them, and it's like "no, of course not! that's not something i'd do." i think if you have strog convictions, temptation really isn't as big a problem as people make it out to be.
10. Tell us something about you (interests, beliefs, favo(u)rites) that will help us get to know you better. i'm a christian, a vegan, a democrat, an environmentalist, a feminist, AND an actress. i'm the black sheep of god's family.
|Saturday, March 3rd, 2007|
|Wednesday, April 25th, 2007|
|Wednesday, May 30th, 2007|
I don't really plan on joining this community permanently, I just stumbled across it and wanted too leave my 2 cents since I shared many of same values and beliefs, but with a slightly different perspective now.
1 a) How old are you now? 24
1 b) Male or female? Female
2. (answer the one that applies)
a) If unmarried, are you a virgin? No
3. What are/were your reasons for waiting?
I waited too have sex till I was in a strong, loving relationship for over a year.
4. Does your faith play a factor in your decision? Would you wait even if you did not have this faith?
I do have faith, but not ruled by it. Mostly my decision was based on safety reasons.
5a. Are you a complete virgin (never kissed or willfully engaged in any kind of sexual touching etc). No (was though until I meet my current boyfriend)
5b. Have you actually had the opportunity to go further than you have, had you chosen to do so?
During the first part of our relationship I chose not to have sex, though the opportunity was there. And lemme tell you...temptation can be veeeery hard too fight off sometimes ^^
6. Do you regret any of the physical involvement/lack thereof that you may have had?
My first "make-out" session went a little further than I probably should have, (ie: topless), but other than that, no.
7. What are you waiting for (marriage, true love, a willing partner)?
True love, which I have achieved. Marriage is defiantly in our future.
8. What do you feel is/was the hardest part of remaining true to your decision to wait? What would make it easier?
Before meeting my boyfriend, I had no temptations. I didn't even have many "urges" to have sex and even began to think that I never would. But then I meet my boyfriend and with the love I felt for him a physical love/relationship began and those "urges" finally came around. From there it became difficult because I wanted to share myself with him and feel all the pleasures that a relationship can bring, but I needed to make sure that it was indeed true love.
9. If you could say one thing to older virgins out there, what would it be?
Nobody should regret being a virgin. I was embarrassed to first tell my boyfriend that I was one, but once I did he was ok with it. Shocked, yes...but in a good way (being that he was not a virgin when we meet). But he feels special to have meet someone willing too wait and be in a relationship that's not just physical.
10. Tell us something about you (interests, beliefs, favo(u)rites) that will help us get to know you better.
Umm... I dunno. ^^; I loath these questions, lol.
|Thursday, July 26th, 2007|
Hi there! I'm new to both lj and this community. Looking forward to giving and finding support!
Thanks for reading, and happy Friday! Current Mood: contemplative
|Monday, July 30th, 2007|
Newbie intro! :)
Hi all... just thought I'd join up here, since I pretty much fit the criteria ;)
1 a) How old are you now? 29
1 b) Male or female? Male
2. (answer the one that applies)
a) If unmarried, are you a virgin? Yes
3. What are/were your reasons for waiting? Various - while I have been in love before and would willingly have given it up to the people I've loved, it's always been long-distance romance and they've always broken it off before we've had the chance to get together in person. I have yet to meet anyone local who's been available or interested in forming a relationship with me.
4. Does your faith play a factor in your decision? Would you wait even if you did not have this faith? Yes, I'd still wait
5a. Are you a complete virgin (never kissed or willfully engaged in any kind of sexual touching etc). Yes. I've never kissed or even been on a date.
5b. Have you actually had the opportunity to go further than you have, had you chosen to do so? No; I've never had the opportunity.
6. Do you regret any of the physical involvement/lack thereof that you may have had? Not exactly; I just regret that no-one I've been involved with has stayed with me long enough to give me a chance.
7. What are you waiting for (marriage, true love, a willing partner)? True love, with someone that I can actually be with in person
8. What do you feel is/was the hardest part of remaining true to your decision to wait? What would make it easier? The loneliness is incredibly hard to deal with at times. It's not just the desire for sex, it's the need to be close to someone, to hold them and kiss them and all the other intimate things.
9. If you could say one thing to older virgins out there, what would it be? You're not alone
10. Tell us something about you (interests, beliefs, favo(u)rites) that will help us get to know you better. Ummm... well, basically, I'm a geek. LOL... I love science, history, computer-ey stuff... and when I love, I love with my whole being, I don't hold anything back
|Wednesday, October 3rd, 2007|
Being Made To Feel Like Being An Older Virgin Is Weird
Have any of you had anybody make you feel like you're not grown up if you haven't gotten married and or had sex yet? Do any of the girls out there, had any bad experiences with others, even the doctor's office if you're over 25 and still a virgin?
|Thursday, August 30th, 2007|
|Sunday, May 13th, 2007|
|Monday, April 23rd, 2007|
The Struggle is Not Against Myself
I know a lot of people here talk about struggling with sexual desires & wanting to have sex. But what about the other side? Is there anyone else out there who *doesn't* really have a struggle within themselves about wanting to have sex?
That's where I'm at and I've found it makes even considering getting in a relationship difficult. It's like, you know that sex is pretty much an expectation, but I've said before it's somewhere between 997 & 1002 on a list of a thousand priorities in a relationship for me. I'm planning to wait until I'm in a committed relationship & even then, I'd be perfectly content to have sex like once a month or even less. As you can imagine, finding anyone who thinks like this is neigh on impossible! Beyond that it makes it hard to relate to others, many of whom seem to find sex to be the end-all-be-all of any relationship they're in & if you aren't doing it ASAP something's wrong with you & your relationship(s).
Anyone else have similar thoughts? Current Mood: curious
|Saturday, April 7th, 2007|
|Wednesday, April 4th, 2007|
I got together with a sexy male friend for diner last night. Sex was on the menu if I'd chosen to order.
My friend duly informed and reminded me that a woman's best sex years are between the ages of 14 and 42. "And yours are already half gone."
Ouch. Indeed. And there's no guarentee I'll get to enjoy the other half either. I'm loosing out. I hate this!
I know someone's going to tell me that they're in their 50's or 60's and are still enjoying their sex life. But it's not for nothing that most women over 45 have a tube of lube on their bedside tables. I know about libido that fades with age... Meanwhile, I'm flushing prime years of strong libido and optimal bodily response right down the drain! Even if I marry one day, I can’t get my peak years back.
What makes this battle so constantly difficult is the I knowledge that I have the opportunity(ies) right now to give up on waiting for marriage and enjoy my sex life while I'm still in what's left of my prime. But I also know that I'll regret it if I give up after waiting this long. I KNOW I won't be truly happy so long as sex isn't accompanied by a true-love life-bond connection and the freedom from worries of STD's.
...But I know that I already regret all the years I've forever lost. And I'm not happy with this loosing out option either.
I hate this. What do you do when your first choice isn't available and your second and third options are truly pathetic alternatives?
|Friday, January 5th, 2007|
wrote in her entry post (which for some reason LJ won't post due to some unexplainable error - so feel free to repost) that Lisa Kudrow who played Phoebe on Friends was a virgin when she married at 30 - was anyone else aware of that?
|Monday, October 30th, 2006|
Do you see any kind of ethical/moral difference...
between oral sex and intercourse?
I've noticed when talking with *some* people they are all like "I think sex before marraige is wrong!" but then they're perfectly ok with oral sex?
I wonder if anyone here feels that way and how they explain it?
I don't come from a religious perspective and to me I don't see much of a difference except that I'd be a bit more hesistant to jump into intercourse solely because I know that no matter how much protection you have a pregnancy can still occur. That is the ONLY ethical/moral difference I can see between the two myself, but like I said this isn't a religious perspective.
But honestly from my understanding of the major religions none of them are really ok with oral sex before marraige any more than they are intercourse before marraige.
Seems like something some people just make up in their heads so they can still go out and get sexual pleasure but then feel more *pure* because they don't go all the way. But I really don't see a difference.
|Monday, November 6th, 2006|
Hello all! I'm a newbie! I had heard of this community before from reading kruszer
's journal, but I never got around to checking it out until today. For now, I complete the "intro post."( to the survey!Collapse ) Current Mood: peaceful